Laurel store celebrates renovation with June 20 (Fri), 21 (Sat), 22 (Sun) events and activities
WHAT: Grand Re-Opening and donation to local food pantry (LARS)
June 20 (Fri), 21 (Sat), 22 (Sun) the Laurel Center Giant Food will provide a tasting passport to all customers during special event hours (Friday from 3 to 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.), encouraging them to explore the changes throughout the store. A completed passport gives customers the opportunity to win free groceries for a month.
Over the next four weekends, Laurel Center Giant customers will enjoy tastings, live music, kids entertainment, and more.
In honor of the occasion, Giant will make a significant donation to the Laurel Advocacy & Referral Services a local organization making a big difference in the community, during Friday’s Grand Reopening Celebration
WHERE: Giant Food in Laurel Center
1009 Fairlawn St.
Laurel, Md. 20707
WHY: Giant is dedicated to improving and growing its stores in Maryland, Northern Virginia, Washington, D.C., and Delaware. Throughout its 78 year history, Giant has remained committed to providing the highest level of quality, value, and service to its customers.
New elements at this Giant Food include:
· Upgraded and expanded produce department featuring a greater selection of fresh fruits and vegetables.
· All-new locally grown produce display, offering customers the freshest local fruits and vegetables from area farmers.
· Redesigned, customer-friendly deli, featuring a wide variety of high-quality meats and cheeses.
· New offerings at customer-friendly bakery including bread displays with large assortment of whole-grain offerings.
· Continued offering of natural and organic section, featuring full line of Giant Nature’s Promise products and natural frozen foods.
· Full service Giant Pharmacy, where customers can continue to save by using the new Giant Prescription Savings Card.
WHO: Ribbon Cutting & LARS Check Presentation (8:30 a.m. June 20)
· Maryland State Senator James C. Rosapepe (invited)
· Maryland State Delegate Barbara A. Frush (invited)
· Maryland State Delegate Joseline A. Pena-Melnyk (invited)
· Maryland State Delegate Benjamin S. Barnes (invited)
· Prince George’s County Executive Rushern L. Baker III (invited)
· Prince George’s County Council Member Mary Lehmen (invited)
· Giant Food District Director Amy McAllister-Flynn
· Giant Food Store Manager Scott Bonsall
· Laurel Advocacy & Referral Services Associates
· Giant Food Customers & Associates
About Giant Food
Giant Food LLC, headquartered in Landover, Md., operates 170 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 20,000 associates. Included within the 170 stores are 157 full-service pharmacies. Giant opened the first supermarket in the nation’s capital on February 6, 1936. Giving back to the community is a cornerstone that was instilled by the founders more than 78 years ago. The company’s core areas of giving include hunger, education, health and wellness, and supporting service members and military families. In 2013, Giant’s monetary and in-kind contributions exceeded $13 million, and the nation’s capital grocer helped partners provide 64.6 million meals. For more information on Giant, visit http://www.giantfood.com