Tips to Reduce Thefts From Automobiles
Prince George's County Police District VI (Laurel/Beltsville)
Community Oriented Policing Services (C.O.P.S.)
• Park your vehicle in a well lighted area.
• Make sure you remove all items of value.
• If you have a portable GPS, consider also removing its mount, and wipe away any marks of its attachment. Such marks reveal that you have a GPS and may lead some thieves to break into your car thinking your GPS is hidden in your vehicle.
• Lock all of your doors and roll the windows up.
• Activate your vehicle alarm, if you have one.
These five easy steps greatly reduce the chances of you becoming a victim of theft from auto.
And remember, if an item is stolen from your vehicle and was not permanently attached or is an after-market product, it may not be covered by your insurance company.