The 3rd Annual Montpelier 5K and Kid's Fun Run iswith races starting at .
The 6 and Under Fun Run ~100 yard dash will start at and is free. The 12 and Under Fun Run will start about about 1/3 mile and is also free. The 5K run/walk is scheduled to start at .
If you register prior to August 16, the cost is $5 for each 5K participant. On or after August 16, the cost is $10 for the first 5K family participant and $5 for each subsequent immediate family participant. The registration fee is non-refundable. Race day registration will be available starting at.
The race course starts at the pool parking lot, winds its way through the Montpelier community neighborhood, through trails by the historic Montpelier Mansion and ends back at the pool. Two water stops are planned on the course, along with plenty of food and water available after the race. The race will be professionally timed and overall and age-group will be presented afterwards.
Registration forms are available at the Montpelier Pool and Racquet Club located at 12401 Cedarbrook Lane in Laurel or you can register online. Volunteers are also needed, so a sign-up form is also available at the pool or you can e-mail the race director. If you have any questions, please contact the the pool at 301-317-0106 or the race director at email@example.com.
With apologies to David Letterman, please enjoy the below list:
10. You’ll get first choice of all food and drinks from Mary’s Gala.
9. You can pass by a Prince George’s County police officer and not have to worry about getting a speeding ticket.
8. You can try to beat the lead bicycle rider.
7. You get first choice of water at the two water stops.
6. You may get to run alongside the deer that roam around the Montpelier Mansion.
5. You may win an overall or age-group award.
4. Your time will be printed in the next edition of Race Packet Magazine.
3. You’ll still be able to attend the Montpelier Labor Day cookout that evening.
2. You may hear your name by the race announcer as you cross the finish line
1. You can count the number of 5K signs along the course.
If you'd like to register, you can register at the Montpelier pool or on-line at: https://www.raceit.com/
Register/?event=33476. If you wait until or morning, only registrations at the Montpelier pool with be available.
If you'd like to volunteer, please plan to attend the volunteer coordination meeting at the Montpelier pool on Friday, Sept 4 at 6:00 PM.
The Montpelier pool address is: 12401 Cedarbrook Lane, Laurel, MD 20708
Weather forecast formorning: According the Weather Underground, the temperature for zip code: 20708 is forecast to be a temperature of 69 degrees F with winds from the east at 6 mph.
Please feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.