By following the tips below, you can outsmart criminals and limit the opportunity for you to become a victim of crime this holiday season.
- Carry cash/credit & debit cards deep in your pocket or in zipper pockets
- Carry your wallets in your front pocket as opposed to the back pocket
- Be aware of your surroundings when shopping in stores
- Do not leave your purse unattended in the shopping cart
- When in use, cover the account number on your credit/debit card with your hand and block the view when typing in your PIN
- Make sure you lock your car when exiting the vehicle
- Ensure your keys are accessible before exiting the store
- Look around the parking area before exiting the vehicle
- Lock the doors as soon as you enter the vehicle
- Do not stop and talk to strangers in a parking lot/deck
- Shop with a friend/family member - there is safety in numbers
- ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings.
Call 911 For Emergencies or Crimes in Progress
Call 301-352-1200 for Non-emergencies