Courtesy of Prince George's County Police District VI Community Oriented Policing Services:
- Park your vehicle in a well lighted area.
- Make sure you remove all items of value.
- If you have a portable GPS, consider wiping off the ring shape that the GPS leaves on your windshield or dash, which may cause thieves to break into your car, falsely thinking that your GPS is still somewhere in your vehicle.
- Lock all of your doors and roll the windows up.
- Activate your vehicle alarm, if you have one.
These are five easy steps to reduce the probability of you becoming a victim of theft from auto. And remember, if an item is stolen from your vehicle and it is not permanently attached or is an aftermarket product, it very well may not be covered by your insurance company.